Hamilton Tennis Club’s men’s third team gained a 5-4 win over Wigston Firsts thanks to two sets each from Mike Crane and Jack Griffin, and Andy Douglas with Doug Hacking.
Andy Stevens and Steve Thompson won the other to clinch the match.
Scores: Mike Crane/Jack Griffin W 9-7, L 6-9, W 9-0; Andy Douglas/Doug Hacking W 9-4, L 5-9, W 9-0; Andy Stevens/Steve Thompson L 2-9, 7-9, W 9-7.
* The ladies’ first team beat Ashby Castle 7-2 with maximum three sets from Charlotte Griffin and Jess Gadsby, and Georgene Ashmore with Sibella Chew.
Scores: Jess Gadsby/Charlotte Griffin W 9-3, 9-7, 9-3; Laura McMullen/Nicky Kennedy-Maggs W 9-3, L 2-9, 2-9; Georgene Ashmore/Sibella Chew W 9-3, 9-7, 9-8.
* The men’s first team gained a narrow 5-4 win against Rothley thanks to Tom Elliss and Luke Smith who led the team with three sets.
The other two pairs won one each for victory.
Scores: Luke Smith/Tom Elliss W 9-8, 9-5, 9-1; Jack Elliss/Justin Horobin L 6-9, 7-9, W 9-6; Ryan Parmar/Ben Catlin L 6-9, 4-9, W 9-1.
* The ladies’ third team hope to have consolidated their position in Group 3A after an 8-1 win over Medbourne Firsts.
Scores: Sue Corfield/Cindy Coulter W 9-7, 9-5, 9-1; Margaret Heggs/Margaret Shufflebotham W 9-4, 9-1, 9-0; Sue Harrison/Jill Woods L 7-9, W 9-5, 9-4.
* The men’s fifth team pipped Holwell Sports 5-4 with a maximum three-set haul from Selwyn Carter and Graham Hall.
Scores: Selwyn Carter/Graham Hall W 9-6, 9-0, 9-3; Joe Cunningham/Edwin Shufflebotham L 4-9, 8-9, W 9-8; Steve Plaistow/Stuart Posnett L 2-9, W 9-0, L 5-9.
* The ladies’ fourth team lost 7-2 to Gynsill Seconds with a set each for Eileen Merrison and Davina Adams, and Hazel Crymble with Polly Dolby.
Scores: Eileen Merrison/Davina Adams L 4-9, 5-9, W 9-7; Hazel Crymble/Polly Dolby L 3-9, 2-9, W 9-7; Emily Harrison/Jill Woods L 3-9, 5-9, 7-9.
* The men’s fourth team lost 8-1 to Market Harborough Thirds with Will Harrison and Nigel Crymble gaining the consolation set.
Scores: Graham Hall/Selwyn Carter L 2-9, 2-9, 7-9; Will Harrison/Nigel Crymble L 4-9, 3-9, W 9-5; Bruce Smith/Stan Pasiak L 2-9, 7-9, 7-9.
* The ladies’ veterans first team beat Roundhill 6-2 with all four sets from Jenny Golland and Rosie Gildove, and two from Eileen Merrison and Jill Woods.
Scores: Jenny Golland/Rosie Gildove W 6-4, 6-3; W 6-1, 6-0. Eileen Merrison/Jill Woods L 4-6, 3-6; W 6-4, 6-3.
* The men’s veterans second team won 5-3, also against Roundhill, with three sets from Graham Hall and Nigel Crymble, and two from Edwin Shufflebotham with Joe Cunningham.
Scores: Graham Hall/Nigel Crymble D 6-7, 6-3; W 6-0, 6-0. Edwin Shufflebotham/Joe Cunningham L 2-6, 1-6; W 6-0, 6-0.
* The men’s veterans first team lost 5-3 to Oakham with two sets from Doug Hacking and Dave Gildove, and one for Barrie Farnsworth with Steve Thompson.
Scores: Doug Hacking/Dave Gildove W 6-2, 6-0; L 0-6, 0-6. Barrie Farnsworth/Steve Thompson D 6-4, 2-6; L 3-6, 2-6.
* On the junior scene, the under 12s boys’ team of Jamie Wallace, Adam Radford, Jack York and Lucas Townend whitewashed Market Harborough 6-0.
The under 8s A team of Jack Skailes, Thomas Rose, Frazer Jackson and James Drennan drew 8-8 with Hinckley A, thanks to a maximum four wins from Jack, two from Frazer, and one each from Thomas and James.
The under 10s A team of Ben Greening, Adam Thornley, Jack Upton and Ella Fairbrother lost 5-1 to Victoria with Adam gaining the only win.
The under 16s girls’ team of Libby Duncan, Olivia Wilson and Beth Cavani lost 5-1 to Leicestershire with Libby recording a singles win.