Hamilton Tennis Club’s men’s first team maintained their challenge at the top of Group One with a 6-2 win over Oadby Granville.
Ryan Parmar and Tom Elliss lead the team with a maximum four sets and were well-supported by two from Steve Wallace and Jack Elliss.
Scores: Ryan Parmar/Tom Elliss W 6-3, 6-3; W 7-5, 6-1. Steve Wallace/Jack Elliss L 4-6, 1-6; W 6-0, 6-3.
* The men’s second team moved to the top of Group Five with a 6-2 win over Leicestershire C.
Ben Catlin and Justin Horobin led the way with a four-set haul, and Jimmi Cox with Joe Jackson won two to clinch the win.
Scores: Ben Catlin/Justin Horobin W 6-4, 6-2; W 6-1, 6-4. Jimmi Cox/Joe Jackson W 6-3, 6-0; L 2-6, 2-6.
* An 8-0 whitewash of County Hall Firsts helped the men’s third team maintain their promotion challenge.
Scores: Doug Hacking/Andy Stevens W 6-3, 6-4; W 6-4, 6-3. Dave Gildove/Graham Hall W 6-2, 7-6; W 7-5, 6-2.
* The ladies’ first team held on to second position in Group Two with a 4-4 draw against Rothley Ivanhoe 1.
Jess Gadsby and Jo Heggs won two sets before Beth Lowe and Jenny Golland won their second set on a tie-break to earn the draw.
Scores: Jess Gadsby/Jo Heggs L 4-6, 3-6; W 6-0, 6-1. Beth Lowe/Jenny Golland L 4-6, 3-6; W 6-2, 7-6.
* The ladies’ second team have recovered from a tough start and moved up to third in Group Four with a 6-2 win over Birstall Watermead Firsts.
Rosie Gildove and Sue Corfield led the team with all four sets, while Sue Harrison and Jo Rowe won two to seal a comfortable win.
Scores: Rosie Gildove/Sue Corfield W 6-4, 6-4; W 6-4, 6-4. Sue Harrison/Jo Rowe L 5-7, 4-6; W 6-3, 6-3.
* A 7-1 defeat to Group Seven leaders Hinckley Seconds has left Hamilton ladies’ third team with a fight to avoid relegation.
Hazel Crymble and Polly Dolby won the consolation set with a hard-fought draw.
Scores: Hazel Crymble/Polly Dolby L2-6, 1-6; D 5-7, 6-3. Margaret Roskell/Eileen Merrison L 3-6, 3-6; L 3-6, 3-6.