Hamilton Tennis Club’s ladies’ second team gained a convincing 7-1 win over Victoria to climb towards the top half of Group Four.
Cindy Coulter and Margaret Heggs led the team with a maximum four sets and were supported by three sets from Rosie Gildove and Sue Corfield.
Scores: Cindy Coulter/Margaret Heggs W 6-3, 6-0; W 6-1, 6-2. Rosie Gildove/Sue Corfield D 6-2, 6-7; W 6-3, 6-2.
* The ladies’ first team were equally impressive, beating Leicestershire B 7-1 to reach the top of Group Two.
Laura McMullen and Jo Heggs led the team with a maximum four sets, supported by three from Nicky Kennedy-Maggs and Sibella Chew.
Scores: Laura McMullen/Jo Heggs W 6-4, 6-2; W 6-4, 6-3. Nicky Kennedy-Maggs/Sibella Chew D 6-4, 2-6; W 6-3, 6-4.
* The men’s second team reinforced their position at the top of Group Two with a 7-1 win against Newtown Linford Firsts.
Ben Catlin and Justin Horobin won all four sets, and Jimmi Cox with Joe Jackson won three.
Scores: Ben Catlin/Justin Horobin W 6-1, 6-2; W 6-4, 6-2. Jimmi Cox/Joe Jackson D 6-3, 5-7; W 6-2, 6-4.
* The men’s first team just managed to sneak a win, 5-3, against Charnwood in Group One.
Ryan Parmar and Tom Rowe drew their match with the opposition top pair which swung the match in their favour as both beat Charnwood’s second pair.
Scores: Ryan Parmar/Tom Rowe D 2-6, 7-6; W 6-1, 6-1. Jack Elliss/Tom Elliss L 4-6 2-6; W 6-2, 6-4.
* The men’s third team defeated Desford Firsts 5-3 to stay joint top of Group Eight.
Veteran pair Dave Gildove and Steve Thompson led the team with three sets, while Andy Stevens and Mike Crane won two for victory in a match played in difficult, wet conditions.
Scores: Steve Thompson/Dave Gildove D 6-2, 1-6; W 6-0, 6-4. Andy Stevens/Mike Crane L 4-6, 4-6; W 6-2, 6-0.
* The ladies’ third team look doomed for relegation from Group Seven with yet another 5-3 defeat, this time to Syston Northfields Seconds.
Alison Stone and Margaret Roskell won two sets and lost two tie-breaks, while Polly Dolby and Jill Woods won one set.
Scores: Alison Stone/Margaret Roskell L 6-7, 6-7; W 6-3, 6-3. Polly Dolby/Jill Woods D 4-6, 6-0; L 4-6, 2-6.