Hamilton Tennis Club’s ladies’ first team clinched the Group Two title with a whitewash win over Oakham last week.
The 8-0 victory included two tie-break wins from Laura McMullen and Nicky Kennedy-Maggs, and Beth Lowe with Jess Gadsby to ensure maximum points.
Other members of the team who played during the season were Jo Heggs, Jenny Golland, Carol Gilchrist, Sibella Chew, Margaret Heggs and Sue Corfield.
Scores: Laura McMullen/Nicky Kennedy-Maggs W 6-1, 7-6; W 6-2, 6-3. Beth Lowe/Jess Gadsby W 6-0, 6-2; W 7-6, 6-2.
* The men’s second team consolidated their position at the top of Group Five with a 5-3 win over Victoria.
Ben Catlin and Oliver Aley won three sets, while Joe Jackson and Will Harrison won two.
Scores: Ben Catlin/Oliver Aley D 6-2, 3-6; W 6-4, 6-0. Joe Jackson/Will Harrison L 2-6, 4-6; W 6-2, 6-4.
* The ladies’ second team staged a dramatic comeback to defeat Westfields Firsts 5-3 after Margarets Heggs and Shufflebotham had won the only first round set.
They carried on and won two more sets, while Emily Harrison and Jo Rowe played on top form to win two sets in the second round.
Scores: Margaret Heggs/Margaret Shufflebotham W 6-3, 6-2; D 6-4, 4-6. Emily Harrison/Jo Rowe L 3-6, 4-6; W 7-6, 6-2.
* The ladies’ third team managed a 4-4 draw with Oakham Seconds with both pairs winning two sets.
Having completed their fixtures they now must wait and see if this is good enough to avoid relegation.
Scores: Jill Woods/Margaret Roskell L 2-6, 5-7; W 6-0, 6-0. Eileen Merrison/Chris Stevens L 3-6, 2-6; W 6-0, 6-2.
* The men’s first team had a disappointing 7-1 defeat to Lutterworth and will now wait for other teams’ results to find out their final position.
Scores: Tom Elliss/Ryan Parmar L 3-6, 2-6; D 6-4, 2-6. Jack Elliss/Steve Wallace L 1-6, 1-6; L 2-6, 3-6.
* The under 8s A team of Jack Skailes, Frazer Jackson, Oliver Brown and Caitlin Corah lost 13-3 to Knighton. Jack won two singles and Frazer won one.
* The under 12s boys’ B team of Jamie Wallace and Harry Spencer lost 6-0 to Market Bosworth although Jamie only lost his singles on a third set tie-break.