Hamilton Tennis Club’s Under 8s have finished top of their group after overcoming their nearest challengers in their final game.
The A team of Alex Freestone, Luke Craven, Frazer Jackson and Jack Skailes beat Loughborough Firsts 12-4, Alex winning all four of his matches, Luke and Frazer winning three each and Jack two.
* The under 9s A team of Ben Greening, Alisha Dalby, Adam Thornley and Amber York defeated Knighton 8-2 to finish third in their division.
Ben and Adam won two matches each, Alisha and Amber won one each before all combined to win both doubles.
* The under 8s B team of Oliver Brown, Lucy Triggs, Josh Gasson and Thomas Rose lost 12-4 to Ashby B, Oliver and Lucy with two wins each.
* The under 16s boys team of Oliver Aley, Lewis Postle, Sam Dryell, Tom Dryell and Connor Boylan were unlucky to lose 7-6 to Market Harborough.
Oliver won his singles and combined with Lewis to win their doubles, but Sam and Tom both lost their singles on a third set tie-break.
Sam and Connor won their doubles to make the score 6-6 before Oliver and Sam narrowly lost the tie-break shoot-out 10-8.
* In the senior leagues, the ladies’ fourth team beat Roundhill by seven sets to two, including two tie-break wins.
Sue Harrison and Jo Rowe led the team with a maximum three sets and there were two sets each from Eileen Merrison and Pat Woolston, and Chris Stevens with Jude Plumb.
Scores: Sue Harrison/Jo Rowe W 9-4, 9-8, 9-1; Eileen Merrison/Pat Woolston W 9-6, L 6-9, W 9-5; Chris Stevens/Jude Plumb W 9-3, L 6-9, W 9-8.
* The ladies’ third team beat Market Harborough Seconds 6-3 with Jenny Golland and Margaret Wright winning all three sets.
Sue Corfield and Rosie Gildove won two, and Cindy Coulter with Lesley Greaves one.
Scores: Jenny Golland/Margaret Wright W 9-1, 9-5, 9-4; Cindy Coulter/Lesley Greaves W 9-1, L 7-9, 4-9; Sue Corfield/Rosie Gildove W 9-3, L 5-9, W 9-4.
* The men’s second team lost 5-4 to Rothley Ivanhoe with the result hinging on a tie-break loss by James Rowe and Geoff Wallace who won two sets.
Scores: James Rowe/Geoff Wallace L 8-9, W 9-1, 9-0; Jimmi Cox/David Hamilton Palmer L 5-9, 3-9, W 9-7; Ben Catlin/Ben Wallace L 5-9, 6-9, W 9-3.
* The men’s third team lost 6-3 to Roundhill Seconds in a very close match where nearly all of the tight sets were won by the opposition.
Andy Stevens and Michael Crane won two sets, and Doug Hacking with Jon Hacking won one.
Scores: Joe Jackson/Matt Daniel L 7-9, 3-9, 7-9; Andy Stevens/Michael Crane W 9-6, 9-5, L 7-9; Doug Hacking/Jon Hacking W 9-7, L 8-9, 6-9.
* The men’s fourth team lost 7-2 to Rothley Seconds.
Barrie Farnsworth and Bruce Smith, and Graham Hall with Selwyn Carter won a set each, but two tie-breaks went Rothley’s way.
Scores: Bruce Smith/Barrie Farnsworth W 9-4, L 4-9, 8-9; Will Harrison/Steve Thompson L 6-9, 4-9, 8-9; Graham Hall/Selwyn Carter W 9-5, L 3-9, 7-9.
* The ladies’ veterans first team of Margaret Wright, Sue Harrison, Sue Corfield and Lesley Greaves found Wigston too tough, losing 8-0.