UPDATE: Faulty electric blanket was cause of fatal house fire in South Croxton

A bunch of flowers left at the scene of the fatal house fire EMN-160802-123947001
A bunch of flowers left at the scene of the fatal house fire EMN-160802-123947001
Share this article
0
Have your say

Investigators have confirmed that the cause of the fatal house fire in South Croxton on Saturday morning was a faulty electric blanket.

An elderly man, named locally as Fred Draycott, died in the blaze which broke out at a property in School Lane at about 5am.

Floral tributes have been placed at the scene, with neighbours and villagers among those who have paid their respects.

More to follow.