Deadline for nominations for this year’s Melton Times Achievement Awards is next Friday, so make sure you get in touch with us to ensure your favourite business, organisation or individual is put forward.
This is our annual search to celebrate all that is great about living and working in Melton.
If you’ve done something over the last 12 months which deserves recognition, or you think someone else does, then don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Nominations are currently being taken for the following business award categories:
- Best New Business/Start Up of the Year (Sponsored by Melton Borough Council);
- Leisure & Tourism Award (Melton Promotions);
- After Dark Award (Purple Flag);
- Business of the Year (Duncan & Toplis);
- Best Independent Retailer (Available to Sponsor);
- Best Place to Eat and/or Drink (Samworth Brothers);
- Customer Focus Award (Melton BID);
- Employee/Team of the Year (Available to Sponsor);
- Young Business Entrepreneur (Pam Saint Gobain);
- Business Person of the Year (Available to Sponsor)
We are also looking to celebrate our local ‘Community Heroes’ in Melton, with the following categories:
- Child of Courage (available to sponsor);
- Inspirational Young Person of the Year (sponsored by Abstract Audio);
- Contribution to the Community (Melton Mowbray Town Estate);
- Community Group/Project of the Year (sponsored by Melton Mowbray Building Society)
This week we are putting the focus on two of our award sponsors.
The first is Melton Borough Council, which is sponsoring the category for ‘Best New Business’.
The council said it was proud to once again sponsor this award to celebrate the exciting and dynamic businesses that thrive in Melton.
A spokesperson said: “We are a forward thinking, innovative local authority and strive to deliver excellent services to the community and businesses.
“We want to attract, support and nurture Melton’s entrepreneurial spirit, and recognise the success of our business community.
“We believe that working closely with businesses, we can make the town and the wider borough attractive for investors and entrepreneurs to innovate, explore new ideas, and set up new ventures in the area, such as the ones nominated in this category.
“Our ambition for Melton is helping people and shaping places, and we are excited to be able to promote and support a thriving place to live, work, visit and invest.”
Duncan & Toplis, which offers a wide range of services from accountancy, audit and tax to payroll and HR, is sponsoring the ‘Business of the Year’ award.
A spokesperson said: “The biggest challenge our clients will face over the next few years is the introduction of Making Tax Digital in April 2019, which will revolutionise the way businesses maintain their accounting records.
“We have recently launched a bespoke cloud-based accounting solution which provides our clients with the tools to streamline their processes, and also ensure that they are compliant with HM Revenue and Customs’ new digital systems.
“Already, we’ve helped hundreds of businesses adjust to digital accountancy, and this year we have been recognised as one of the most experienced digital accountancy companies in the UK.”
Enter yourself or your business, or nominate a contender for any of the awards online at www.meltontimes.co.uk/achievementawards or by emailing Linda.Pritchard@jpress.co.uk or calling her on 01664 412507.
Alternatively, send the coupon in this week’s Melton Times to Melton Times Achievement Awards, 49 Nottingham Street, Melton Mowbray LE13 1NT. Closing date is Friday August 31, 2018.
All shortlisted finalists will be invited to our awards evening of celebration on October 19.