Firefighters issue safety advice after kitchen blaze at Syston

Fire
Fire
0
Have your say

Firefighters have issued fire safety advice on cooking appliances after tackling a kitchen blaze at a property in Syston.

A crew from Leicester’s Eastern station was deployed to the incident, in East Avenue, at 8.38am on Friday.

Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service said an emergency call was received due to smoke coming from a downstairs flat.

A spokesperson said: “A plastic bag had been left unattended on top of the cooker hob and had caught fire.

“No one was in the property when the fire service arrived.

“We would urge the public to take care when leaving items on their cooker hob.”