Missing Vale of Belvoir boy found safe and well

Police have thanked the public following an appeal EMN-180822-095804001
Police have thanked the public following an appeal EMN-180822-095804001
0
Have your say

A 12-year-old boy who was reported missing from his Vale of Belvoir home for five days has been found safe and well.

Police carried out a number of enquiries into the disappearance of Dre Wilson and reviewed CCTV footage from the area.

He was reported missing at around 9pm on Friday and was last seen in Harby Lane in Stathern, having left his home address nearby.

CCTV film showed a boy matching his description at a bus stop in Main Street in Stathern at around 8.55pm on the same night.

The same boy was then on the film approaching a silver car before getting in and the car driving off.

Appeals were sounded by police urging anyone who spotted the youngster to get in touch.

But a Leicestershire Police spokesperson said yesterday (Tuesday) Dre had been found safe.

They said: “Following police appeals, a member of the public contacted police after seeing Dre Wilson in the Melton Mowbray area.

“Officers would like to thank everybody who shared the appeal and came forward with information.”