Chip pan fire spread to roof of house in Burton-on-the-Wolds

Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.
Have your say

A chip pan fire got out of control and spread in a house in Burton-on-the-Wolds last night (Thursday).

Fire crews from Loughborough, East Leake and Birstall were called to the property in Sowters Lane just after 7pm.

Flames spread from the kitchen to the roof space, causing damage to 30 per cent of the property.

Two occupants were given first aid by paramedics after suffering smoke inhalation.

Police were also on the scene.

The cause was logged as an unattended chip pan.