REVEALED: The best and worst GP practices in Melton and the surrounding area as rated by you
The Melton Times can today reveal a list of the area's best and worst GP surgeries, based on ratings provided by patients.
The information is available on the NHS Choices website, and is based on responses provided in the GP Patient Survey for those surgeries within a eight mile radius of Melton town centre. Patients are asked how likely they are to recommend their practice to others.
The survey is sent out twice a year to about 1.36 million adults who are registered with a GP in England.
Here is the list of the best and worst surgeries in Melton and the surrounding eight-mile area, based on the percentage of people who said they would recommend their GP surgery to others.
Data for some practices was not available. To find out the rating of your nearest practice, enter your postcode at www.nhs.uk.
1) Long Clawson Medical Practice - The Sands, Long Clawson, Melton Mowbray - 99.2% would recommend
2) The Stackyard Surgery - 1 The Stackyard, Croxton Kerrial - 93.3%
3) Dr J L Harris & Partners - Latham House, Sage Cross Street, Melton Mowbray and Regency Road, Asfordby, Melton Mowbray - 86.3%
4) Market Overton and Somerby Surgeries - Oakham Road, Somerby and Church Lane, Wymondham and The Surgery Thistleton Road, Market Overton - 84.3%
5) Welby Practice- The Welby Practice, Bescaby Lane, Waltham On The Wolds, Melton Mowbray - 70.6%