Resident suffers smoke inhalation in Melton house fire

A person was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation after fire broke out in their Melton home this morning (Tuesday).

Tuesday, 18th December 2018, 11:17 am
Updated Thursday, 10th January 2019, 10:02 am
Firefighters attended the incident EMN-181126-162239001

Two crews of firefighters from the town station attended the incident, in Winster Crescent, at 9.46am.

East Midlands Ambulance Service (EMAS) also sent a crew to the scene of the blaze.

A spokesperson for Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service said: “We received a call reporting a kitchen fire.

“On arrival, crews found it was a small fire in the kitchen area of a semi-detached property, which was out on their arrival.

“An ambulance was requested to treat a person suffering from smoke inhalation.”