Applications have started coming in for a share of the popular annual £10,000 Make It Happen community chest.
This year marks the 12th successive year of the unique scheme, a partnership between the Melton Times and Ragdale Hall which aims to help charities and organisations throughout the Melton borough.
Grants of between £200 and £1,000 are typically given out after the judges have decided who should benefit.
All types of clubs, groups and organisations in the area are encouraged to bid for a share.
Successful applicants will be invited to a presentation evening at Ragdale Hall on Thursday, December 8.
Here’s a few of the applications received so far:
* The Drop In Club, whichmeets every Friday morning, is seeking £300 to pay for days out to different venues.
Up to 50 people benefit from the sessions.
* The Melton Mowbray Child Contact Centre offers a warm, safe and friendly environment for absent parents to be able to spend two hours of quality time with their child(ren). Co-ordinator John Carne has asked for £500. He said: “Should we be successful with our application, we would like to replace some of our toys and games. The money would also help towards our running costs, which are considerable.”
* The Oasis Family Centre would like £650 to put towards outdoor learning and free seasonal experiences for 24 children and families, such as a trip to a nature reserve and various local farms.
Centre manager Victoria Conyers said 84 per cent of children at the centre are deemed as being vulnerable for various reasons and are at risk of underachieving in early years. She added: “Experiences like outdoor learning sessions can help narrow that gap and provide such joy and wonder in the world in which they live and grow.”
**How to apply for a grant
There are two ways in which you can apply for a share of the £10,000 pot. You can either write a letter and send it to Make It Happen, Melton Times, 49 Nottingham Street, Melton Mowbray LE13 1NT, or fill out an online form.
Whichever method you choose, you must provide the following information:
* Your name;
* The name of your group/club/organisation;
* Your role within the group/club/organisation;
* Your contact number;
* Your email address;
* Your postal address;
* The sum you are applying for;
* A brief description of the project/event you would use the grant for;
* An estimate of how many people the grant would benefit.
The deadline for entries is Tuesday, November 1, at 5pm.