Firefighters tackle chimney blaze at Whissendine

editorial image
0
Have your say

Firefighters were alerted last night (Tuesday) after a chimney caught fire in a house at Whissendine.

Crews from the Melton and Oakham stations attended the incident, at 9.27pm in Hortons Lane.

A spokesperson for Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service said: “The initial call we received was advising us of a chimney on fire.

“The fire was contained to the downstairs section of the chimney and a thermal imaging camera, a hose reel jet and chimney rods were used to deal with it.”