Firefighters alerted after oven catches fire in Stonesby house

editorial image
0
Have your say

Melton firefighters were called out to a village home last night (Tuesday) after an aga cooker caught fire.

Two crews attended a property on The Green, in Stonesby after being alerted by a member of the public just before 8pm.

There was slight fire damage to the door of the oven which was believed to have been caused accidentally by residue oil left in the system.

A spokesperson for Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service said: “The incident commander confirmed there had been fire in an aga oven but it was out on arrival.

“The system was isolated and advice was given to the occupier.”