Firefighters alerted after dishwasher catches fire in Melton

Fire & Rescue news.

Fire & Rescue news.

0
Have your say

A householder in Melton called the fire service this afternoon (Thursday) when their dishwasher caught fire.

Two crews from the town station attended the incident, at 2.36pm at a property in Maple Close.

A spokesperson for Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service said: “We received a call from the occupier reporting a dishwasher on fire.

“The fire was out on arrival and we conducted an inspection of the machine.

“There was slight heat damager to the programmer and the cause was believed to have been an electrical fault.”