Customers evacuated from Melton shop as firefighters are called out

Firefighters attend a call-out to the Mercury News shop in Melton EMN-171109-104722001
Firefighters attend a call-out to the Mercury News shop in Melton EMN-171109-104722001
0
Have your say

Customers and staff have been evacuated from a Melton newsagent’s after smoke began billowing in the shop this morning (Monday).

Two crews of firefighters from the town attended the incident at Mercury News, in Sherrard Street, at around 10.15am.

A member of staff said the cause of the smoke was believed to be an electrical fault.