Bird rescued by firefighters after getting stuck in a Queniborough chimney pot

Fire

Fire

0
Have your say

Firefighters rescued a bird after it got stuck in a chimney pot of a house in Queniborough.

A crew from the Eastern Fire Station in Leicester attended the incident in Main Street, at 4.25pm, yesterday (Thursday).

A spokesperson from Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service said: “We got a call to say a jackdaw was stuck in wire mesh covering a chimney pot on a two-floor domestic property.

“We used a ladder and roof crawler and the bird was released and flew away.

“The RSPCA was also in attendance.”